Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Journal 6: Self Reflection

Initially, the book work was difficult - especially that bistro page that required linking from one folder to another. That assignment took me three days to figure out what I was doing wrong. Apparently, every time I would save a file I would save it with the exercise name (ex: chapter  6 exercise 3) instead of jenskitchen  - this created issues and confusion when I was trying to link to different files within the page.  Once I figured out what I did wrong, and I saw how all the files linked within other files, I was overcome with a sense of accomplishment.  It was hard to learn at first, but once I knew how everything linked together, I realized what an easy and fundamentally important process this is.


Also, I loved learning about css more than anything else. It is a lot of fun to click on a few keys on the keyboard and create an aesthetically pleasing page.  Creating the 2 column web page in class was a lot of fun - granted, I kept accidentally typing an extra hash tag and parenthesis messing up my page; however, it was a lot of fun, and also very rewarding. The most exciting feature is being able to hover over a word link like "Home" or "Books" and seeing it change colors. Also, I loved the gradients that were used to create that special graphic touch. Fun stuff. But, I wish someone would create a system that would highlight any mistakes... I hate missing a colon or something and to sit for 30 minutes trying to figure out what I did wrong. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment