Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Journal 2: Affinity Group and Digg Stream

Edutopia - The affinity group I joined is called Edutopia. It is filled with interesting insight into teaching. There are a lot of articles on game based learning, hands on learning, and tips to being a motivational teacher and so much more. The link to this affinity group is: https://www.facebook.com/edutopia ~ I also included it on my Digg RSS reader, and I'm getting lots of interesting articles.


I Dig My Digg Stream: :) I added a bunch of sites I'm interested in on my digg stream and some proved to be better than others. For instance, Al-Jazeera, a news network that I love to read has posts up all the time, and I have enjoyed keeping up to date with their posts in such a nice way. I had a few blog websites and forums I enjoy, but they're not as active as I hoped they would be. I noticed that the top two places that I enjoyed reading from were Al-Jazeera's posts and Edutopia. It is nice to see updates from both on one screen.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Questions:

#1: Should it be mandatory for educators and other professionals to keep a digg stream to stay up to date?

I would have more trust in a professional who is constantly reading and staying up to date with whatever their profession is. If a professional is part of affinity groups related to their field, it makes me have more trust for their work because it shows they have an inner passion and interest in their field. I don't know if it should be mandatory, but it would heighten the level of trust that the consumers have with their service.

#2: Would it be a good idea to put which affinity groups you are in on a resume, or on linkedin?

I believe it depends on the affinity group you're in. There are affinity groups that are known for the quality of their work and have a great reputation - whereas others may not be so well recognized. It also depends on how many you're part of. If you're part of a good handful and keep up to date with them, it is better than being a part of hundreds and just skimming through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment